Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Basement of Bargains

It's been about four months since I started down my thrifty road. What a difference it has made! I don't feel like I have to rush out to the store to buy things when we have suddenly run out. That saves me time, money and gas...and frustration, too! I'm lucky enough to have a basement where I can store my growing stockpile. We call it the mini store. When we run out of something, my husband will say, I'm going to go to the store and grab some! He'll walk down to the basement and come back with it and a HUGE smile on his face. He thinks it's as fun as I do!

I stock pile almost everything. Cereal, crackers, taco shells, brownie and cookie mixes, juice, soda, chips, condiments, granola bars, tuna, pudding, DIAPERS!!, wipes, water, make up, toiletries, toilet paper (too much to picture!), cleaning supplies and SO MUCH MORE!

Here's a look at what I've established. I tell my family, if you need anything, let me know, and I'll see if I have it! My MIL takes care of our twins, and she finds stuff all the time! I happily share it because there is no way we could use it all in time. But I get it for free, sometimes even get PAID to take it, so why not?? I DONATE what we do not or cannot use. It's a great way to help out in the community and feel like I am contributing when I can't give money.

How do I do it?? With lots of fun and a little time. Check with me, and I'll help you do it, too!


Here's the FOOD Stockpile:

TOILETRIES Stockpile:


CLEANERS Stockpile:

FREEZER/FOOD Stockpile:


It's amazing what coupons can do if you plan it right! MOst of this stuff I got for FREE or just pennies. And I didn't even picture ALL of it!! I won't have to buy toilet paper for the rest of the year, at least!!! The only thing I still buy regurlarly is milk, meat and dawgie food. It's such a nice feeling that I can fuel my addiction to saving money on food, something we need, and not just finding a good bargain. There IS a difference!








4 comments:

Alana Jo said...

WOW! Great stockpile!

Shanaka @ Mama Bee Does said...

Woohoo Nice stockpile! I could do more with frozen stuff if we had a big freezer all we have right now is the small one attached to the fridge. I'll meet stockpile bliss one day. Once we have the space.

Michelle said...

Wait, you can freeze yogurt?

If so, I've wasted so much money tossing it because I didnt eat it on time!

Lisa said...

I love the organization! I have to get busy and do the same!