Sunday, September 12, 2010

I'm Taking Back My Living Room

Ok, kids. It's time you gave me back my living room. Train table in front of the fireplace? No more. Jumping on the sofa, I don't think so. I'm tired of this room looking like a Toys'R'Us satellite store. So what am I going to do about it? Well, here's another list, hopefully in the order of accomplishment!

1. Redo the facade of the fireplace
2. Paint the fireplace
3. Paint the walls
4. Paint the ceiling (high ceilings, so we'll see!)
5. Rearrange the living room
6. Replace the loveseat with an adult sized sofa; I even have one already selected!!

My budget is a whopping $100. So now you see why I call this site Dimely Design. The rules are that I don't have to count expenses of items I already have. For example, I bought new curtains at Lowe's a couple of months ago when they were 75% off. I already have them, so it will not count againt my new budget.

Ready to get started?? I certainly am. I already bought the materials for the fireplace. It cost me a total of $8.17. Keep your fingers crossed it turns out!!

Budget $100
Fireplace redo ($8.17)
Total remaining in budget: $91.83

For those of you that like before and after photographs, stay tuned for before pictures. I'll post afters once each project is completed.

No comments: