Friday, November 6, 2009

A Little More Progress

I am getting everything prepared for my official kick off on Monday. And to get you prepared for what's to come, let me tell you why I started this blog...

I am a very creative person, I love solving problems and since the birth of my twins almost 2 years ago, I have lost the time and energy to BE creative. I used to paint a great deal, decorate, sew and refinish furniture. So this blog is a way to motivate me to continue to do all the things I used to do. Seems a little ironic that something that will take more of my time will hopefully get me to paint or do some other creative project... something I quit doing because I had "no time." Hmmm????

I attended a local University for design. Once I received my degree, I landed a job at the only contemporary store in my area. I LOVED it! The furniture and design I was most passionette about was all in one place, and it was keeping my creative side alive. Then slowly, I lost my fire and started to get up, go to work, go home, sleep. It's not as exciting as it used to be, and I have fallen dormant to my creative side. I am lost in this retail nightmare- I only sell now, no design work anymore. But it has a positive side, too. I was promoted to manager and now I attend furniture markets. How exciting! But I still long for that need to MAKE something.

With the addition of a family, we needed to tighten our belts. So I have started to frugally decorate our home and provide for our family. Hence the name of this blog: Dimely Design. Good design doesn't have to cost much, you just need a little time, work and inspiration! So this site will focus more on designing and decorating. I will occassionaly post a few deals, but mostly to make your house a home.

Stay tuned for the weekly line up! It's an extensive description of what's to come...

No comments: