I went to Kroger yesterday with the intention of being lucky enough to find some marked down meat. The meat is fine, just close to it's sell by date. I found a few things, but it was the other markdowns that really got me!! Now, I spent a little more than usual, but I got so much that will last a long time! Here's the run down from 2 transactions:
4 Community Coffee $4.99 ea
8 Fruit Rollups $1.69 ea (I could eat the whole box in a day, okay, an hour- SERIOUSLY)
2 Grands Biscuits $1.27 ea
1 Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls $1.79 (not on sale, but I'm pregnant!)
1 Kroger Tortillas $1.29
14 Tropicana Pure Orange Juice .99 ea (Manager's Special- AWESOME!)
6 Whole Milk, half gallons .99 ea (Manager's Special!)
4 2% Milk, half gallons .99 ea (Manager's Special!)
1 Eggland Eggs $2.52
1 Danactive Yogurt, 14 pack $1.99 (Another Manager's Special)
1 Kroger Sour Cream .99
1 Lettuce $1.29
3 Sanderson 100% Natural Chicken, $3.61 ea
2 Whole Chickens $2.75 ea
1 Oscar Meyer Lunch Meat $6.29 (Free after Kroger Loyalty Coupon)
1 Carrots $1.99
6 Loaves of Lewis Whole Wheat Bread $1.79 ea
4 Tunas .72 ea
Kroger Diapers $3.99 (After Kroger printable)
I froze the excess O.J. and milk. And what about my coupons? I am not going to list all the coupons, but here are the best from what I used:
- $1.00/2 Tropicana Pure Juices (That means I got them BOGO!)
- .50 Fruit Rollups (Doubled to $1) This was actually a Money Maker because if you buy 5, then you get a $3.50 Cat OYNO.
- .50 off Lewis Bread (doubled to $1)
- $2 Community Coffee (coffee for only $2.99!!)
- .40 off 2 Grands Biscuits
- $3 off for getting 10 of select items- included was the Fruit Rollups and Grands. So that's .30 off each item, the Grands were .57 after discount and coupons, the Rollups were .39 per box!! THEN I got the $3.50 cat. I spent $3.12 on the rollups, so I made .38! Almost a free box! YAY!
- $3.50 cat from Rollups deal
TOTAL after coupons: $44.10!!!!!!!!! My total was $85.55, but I had a gift card, so I didn't count that as part of my total. One of my coffee coupons didn't scan, and the cashier huffed when I said something. SHE noticed a rollup coupon didn't scan. She tried again, but it still didn't. What did she do? Nothing! So I went back to Kroger that night (2nd transaction), went up to CS, explained the situation and that also 2 of my O.J.'s rang at regular price. Since I am in there ALL THE TIME, really, I am, they went ahead and refunded me the coupon amounts (usually you are out of luck) and the full amount of the O.J. I included the refund in my total.
SO, there it is! My great Kroger run! I am trying to prepare for the new arrival, so getting deals like this is definitely going to help!